Lake Elsinore Unified School District

Skip to main content
En Español
Employee Health Insurance Benefits » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

I am resigning OR retiring and I'm age 65 or older, when do my health benefits end? The last day of the month resigned/retired in.

I have a problem with my insurance, how can I contact the provider? All contact information for every provider is located under “Useful Links” located on this page or call the customer service phone number provided on the back of your insurance card.

When can I make a change to my insurance election, including dependents and plan option? Changes may be made when a Qualifying Event has occurred (ex. Birth, Marriage, Death, Divorce, Dependent Loss of Coverage) or Open Enrollment.

I have a qualifying event; how do I submit changes? Within 30 days of the event, a completed SISC Change Form and supporting documents must be submitted to the Safety/Risk-Benefit Department (e.g.  birth certificate, marriage certificate, and/or loss of coverage verification from previous insurance provider). Please note no exception can be made to the 30-day deadline to submit changes. If you miss this deadline, the change can be made at the next open enrollment.

Who can be added as a dependent to my medical plan? A legally married spouse or a registered domestic partner and/or a birth child; step child; foster child; adopted child; child placed under your court-appointed guardianship; child placed under your medical plan with a Disabled Dependent Certification.

How long is my child covered? Dependent children are covered through the end of the month in which a child turns 26.  No action is necessary as the District will drop an overage child at the end of the month in which he/she turns 26.

My child is overage; what options does he/she have? The District will drop an overage child at the end of the month in which he/she turns 26. Any terminated dependent may elect to purchase the same health benefits through COBRA for a fee of 102% of the cost of benefits for regular employees.

How do I notify my insurance providers of a name change and/or address change? Employees should contact the Safety/Risk-Benefit Department to submit name/address changes. In addition, employees must submit a SISC Change Form to the Safety/Risk-Benefits Department. This information will be forwarded to all applicable providers.

How much is my medical insurance? Payroll Deductions are located in the Employee Insurance Benefits District web page side bar (ie. Certificated or Classified benefit plans).