Make some noise in 2019-20!
Superintendent's welcome back greeting
Welcome back to the 2019-20 school year. Like the roaring 20’s, our district is poised to make some noise in 2020. Here are some things to shout about:
We just celebrated the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Alberhill Elementary School. Summer facilities projects, too numerous to mention, were completed by our outstanding M&O team. We will welcome over 40 new teachers and over 50 new classified staff to start the school year.
We also celebrate the achievement of our kids, who worked very hard this summer.
- TK/Kinder Summer Readiness Camp provided 55 families and their kids with essential skills to begin their educational journey
- Summer Literacy Camp served 773 students by improving literacy skills and preventing the summer slide
- Extended School Year served 302 special education students
- High School On-line Credit Recovery enabled 210 students to earn 1,545 credits
- LHS Brick & Mortar Summer School served 110 students who earned a total of 700 credits
- EHS Brick & Mortar Summer School enabled 108 students to earn 725 credits
- TCHS Brick & Mortar served 95 students with 585 credits earned
We thank our dedicated staff who supported these students this summer to help close the achievement gap and increase student engagement.
No matter how you spent your summer, I hope it was everything you hoped it would be, including some time to recharge.
A very personal thank you to everyone for all that you do every day to help students, and strengthen our LEUSD communities. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
I wish you a great start to the 2019-20 school year. Let’s make it a roaring success!
Dr. Doug Kimberly
View or download Superintendent's Road Show slides
PowerPoint files accompanying the Superintendent's Quarterly Road Show reports for the 2019-20 school year will be posted below, and may be viewed or downloaded below.