About the Internship Program
Lake Elsinore Unified School District supports lifelong learning with university partnerships to provide Master of Social Work Students the opportunity to learn school-based social work. MSW Interns are supported through:
- Comprehensive Supervision with LCSW, MSW, & PPSC
- Experience working with a variety of ages and variety of needs
- Opportunities to explore the growing Educationally Related Mental Health Service (ERMHS) field
- Opportunity to work and learn both General and Special Education setting
- The opportunity to develop skills working with students, teachers, families, and the community
- Opportunity to work with foster youth providing supports and case management to ensure they are getting the care they need
- Learn to assess students: Risk and Safety, Behavioral Assessments, and Biopsychosocial Assessments
- Training offered with opportunities for certifications
- Opportunities to apply learned skills in the field
- Learn educational systems
- Foster youth
- Attendance process
- Mental health supports
- If you are interested in an internship with us please have your University contact us.
For Parents, Students, and Community Members,
The students who are provided support from MSW Interns will have comprehensive support in either 1:1 therapy or group. MSW interns are competent and trained to provide support to those in need. LEUSD is proud to be a learning institution supporting high education learning through practice. The students referred to an Intern are equipped with highly qualified supervisors in mental health and foster youth support.
The referral process is done through the school sites. If you are interested in support through an intern, please talk to your counselor or administrator. Student referrals are reviewed, and students are assigned. Due to the needs of students, there are times when there may be a waitlist. Groups will also be provided to sites through the referral process and signs of deficiency.
We look forward to continuing to support students in new ways,
Felipe J. Flores III, MSW, MA, PPSC
Mental Health Program Speciaist