California Department of Education
U.S. Department of Education
National Association for Bilingual Education (NASE)
California Association for Bilingual Education (CABE)
California Education Code
Lake Elsinore Unified School District (official web site)
English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
Below are just a few great opportunities for parents to become involved in their student's school...we welcome parent involvement! Most of the ideas below will require a parent or guardian to register with the district as a volunteer. The background screening process is easy and available at no cost to you.
- Help in your child's classroom.
- Help a teacher make materials, games, or projects needed by teachers.
- Help in the school library or cafeteria
- Supervise children during field trips (requires volunteer clearance)
- Supervise playground activities.
- Share your cultural practices, hobbies, skills, etc.
- Arrange bulletin boards.
- make telephone calls to other parents.
- Read stories to groups of children.
- Listen to students read.
- Do individual tutoring.
- Help children build projects.
- Help students memorize multiplication tables.
- Joint PTA and participate on fund-raising or other committees that support the school and to help purchase materials.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Attend ELAC meetings.
- Attend School Site Council meetings.