The DELAC shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting of a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 520629a)(2),the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability plan (LCAP.)
* Under the LCFF, district's with at least 50 English learners and whose total enrollment includes at least 15% English learners must establish a DELAC, and that DELAC must carry out specific responsibilities related to the LCAP.