Lake Elsinore Unified School District

Skip to main content
En Español
Students » Work Permit Request

Work Permit Request

Request for Work Permit (minors)


Students under the age of 18 are subject to California's child labor protections. Under the California Labor Code, "minor" is defined as any person under the age of 18 years required to attend school under the provisions of the Education Code.


Employers must complete a “STATEMENT OF INTENT TO EMPLOY A MINOR AND REQUEST FOR WORK PERMIT–CERTIFICATE OF AGE” (CDE B1-1) for the school attendance for each minor (EC 49162).


The form must be completed by the minor and the employer and signed by the minor's parent or guardian and the employer. After returning the completed and signed form to the school, school officials may issue the permit to employ and work. This form is also a Certificate of Age pursuant to California Education Code 49114. This form is not a work permit!


A general summary of work regulations and restrictions applicable to minors is listed on Form CDE B1-1 below.