This meeting will be held at the District Office Board Room of the Lake Elsinore Unified School District, 545 Chaney Street, Lake Elsinore, Building 'B', CA, 92530. (Download the complete advance notice in PDF format at bottom of page.)
There are specific requirements that must be met per Education Code 60119, in order for school districts to be eligible to receive instructional material funds. The requirements are:
- The governing board shall hold a public hearing and encourage participation by parents, teachers, community members and bargaining unit leaders.
- The hearing shall be held on or before the end of the eighth (8th) week after the first day pupils attend school that year.
- The notice of public hearing must be posted at least ten days in advance and in at least three public places within the district. The notice must state the time, place and purpose of the hearing. The hearing may not be held during or immediately following school hours.
- At the hearing, the governing board shall determine through a resolution that each pupil in the district has sufficient textbooks, instructional materials, or both, in Mathematics, Science, History/Social Science and English/Language Arts, that are consistent with the state board adopted curriculum framework.
- The governing board will also determine at the hearing whether each pupil enrolled in a foreign language or health course has sufficient textbooks or instructional materials and will also determine the availability of laboratory science equipment as applicable to the courses offered in grades 9-12.
- For purposes of Education Code 60119, “Sufficient textbooks or instructional materials’ mean that each pupil has textbook, instructional materials or both to use in class and to take home. This paragraph does not require two sets of textbooks or instructional materials, or both.