Who Must Submit an Application?
- Students who are going to the next school level (e.g., elementary to middle school or middle to high school) and want a school that is not their home school. A transfer must be submitted even if a sibling already attends school being requested.
- Students who have moved during the school year but wish to remain at the same school.
- Students who are requesting a transfer for the first time, including transitional kindergartners and kindergartners.
Who Does Not Need to Submit an Application?
- Any student who is currently on an approved intradistrict transfer and attending their school of choice does not need to reapply for the upcoming school year if the student will continue attending the school of choice.
Could Classroom Space or School Capacity Affect my Transfer Request?
- Intradistrict transfers will be permitted only as space permits. If a school is at capacity and has more requests than spaces or available, a random drawing will be held from the applications. Students who reside in the school boundaries will not be displaced due to intradistrict transfers; therefore, students on intradistrict transfers may be displaced due to excessive enrollment.