Corrected and Amended
LEUSD Announces 2017-18 Administrative Appointments & Assignments
LAKE ELSINORE—On November 9 at their regular monthly meeting, the Board of Trustees approved the appointment of Dr. Michael Schanze as Principal of Withrow Elementary School. Dr. Schanze has been a High School teacher, coach of several sports, and an Alternative High School principal. He has been employed with Valley Center - Pauma Unified School District for the past seventeen years. Dr. Schanze earned his Doctorate in Organizational Leadership from the University of Laverne, and a Masters of Arts Degree in Educational Administration from Concordia University. Dr. Schanze completed his undergraduate degree from Cal State University Fresno. His start date is on December 1, 2017. LEUSD welcomes Dr. Schanze to the administrative team.
The Board approved and announced the appointment of Ms. Liana Collica as the Assistant Principal of Withrow Elementary and Ronald Reagan Elementary Schools. Ms. Collica has served as an elementary teacher, Instructional Coach, Middle School Assistant Principal, and Elementary Principal School in the Alvord Unified School District. Ms. Collica is currently serving as the Assistant Principal of Tom Kitayama Elementary School in New Haven Unified School District, California. Ms. Collica earned a Master’s of Science Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from National University, and completed her undergraduate degree from Cal State University San Bernardino. Ms. Collica's start date will be December 21, 2017. LEUSD is pleased to welcome Ms. Collica to the administrative team.
On separate actions, the Board approved the following management assignments for the 2017-18 school year, effective November 13, 2017, unless otherwise noted:
- Ericka Matthies Restad—from Principal, Luiseño School to Principal, Ronald Reagan Elementary School;
- Dawn Hernandez—from Assistant Principal, Rice Canyon ES to Interim Principal, Luiseño School;
- Nori Chandler—from Principal, Ronald Reagan ES to Coordinator of Childcare and Afterschool Programs, serving in LEUSD’s Children and Family Services Division;
- Ahmet Baskent—from Principal, Withrow ES to Title I / EL Coordinator, serving in the Administrative & Instructional Technology Support Services Department; effective date December 1, 2017;
- Amity Conkright—from Assistant Principal, Withrow/Ronald Reagan ES to Interim Assistant Principal, Rice Canyon Elementary School; effective date November 27;
- Christy Popp—from Title I Dean, Lakeland Village School to Title I Dean, Elsinore Elementary School.
The Lake Elsinore Unified School District covers more than 144 square miles and serves TK-12 students from the cities of Lake Elsinore, Canyon Lake and Wildomar, plus several unincorporated Riverside County communities, including Lakeland Village, Horsethief Canyon, and The Farm. The district serves over 21,000 students and operates 23 different schools, along with alternative education, online and blended learning programs. LEUSD offers a Dual Immersion program at the elementary level, and the rigorous International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Temescal Canyon High School, a fully certified IB World School. The district’s mission of preparing students for college and career success is evident every day at every school.