Lake Elsinore Schools Provide High Quality Education
We are proud to be recognized for outstanding academic achievement, with multiple National Blue Ribbon Schools, California Distinguished Schools, CA Business for Education Excellence Foundation’s Honor Roll Schools, Title I Academic Achievement Award Schools, Riverside County Teachers of the Year and model school awards, including an International Baccalaureate Program with IB World distinction, in addition to honors and Advanced Placement classes.
Local School Improvement Funding and Student Success
For students to succeed in high school, college, and careers, they must be skilled in the use of today’s technologies and have a solid background in science, math, and technology. Looking ahead to support instructional success, we must provide a safe, modern learning environment and instructional facilities that enable the development of these skills in a rapidly evolving world.
While state funding for necessary school facility repairs and upgrades is not available, in partnership with our community, we can take steps to secure our student’s future. Therefore, we are considering a potential school bond measure on the November 2016 ballot that would:
- Upgrade local schools to support high-quality instruction in math and science
- Upgrade classrooms and computers to keep pace with technology
- Upgrade schools to support career and technology education to prepare students for college and high-demand jobs in fields like health sciences, engineering, technology, and skilled trades
- Improve student safety and security, including fencing, cameras, emergency communications, and fire and earthquake safety systems
- Provide facilities and equipment to support high-quality instruction in music and the arts
- Upgrade old playgrounds and fields to meet current health and safety standards
- Improve heating, ventilation, insulation, doors, and windows to increase energy efficiency and save money
- Add new classrooms and facilities to reduce and prevent overcrowding
Since the beginning, LEUSD has been a praiseworthy steward of public resources in support of instructional programs and facilities. A potential school bond measure comes with these assurances:
- All money raised would stay local to support our students and could not be taken away by the State or used for other purposes;
- A bond measure requires a clear system of accountability, including a specific project list, independent citizens’ oversight, and annual audits;
- A successful bond measure would make our schools eligible for millions of dollars in state matching funds that would otherwise go to other communities.
The needs of the district are rapidly changing; we must adapt in order to maintain and deliver an outstanding 21st Century education. Inviting all stakeholders to discuss future needs and fiscally sound solutions is a first step to deciding the course of our children’s education.